Ink Fusion mastermind Marc Draven and myself, are proud to bring you the biggest and best Celebration Tattoo Pavilion we’ve ever hosted at a Celebration event! To help make your Celebration tattoo experience the absolute best possible they’ve put together this handy guide detailing all of the Star Wars tattoo-tastic goodness you can expect to find in Orlando!
What You’ll Find!
- We will have over 30 tattoo artists from around the world tattooing all weekend long!
- For larger pieces we highly recommend contacting the artist you’re interested having do your tattoo in advance and many of the artists can be contacted in their profiles in the above link for advance booking:
- We will have a selection of ready-to-tattoo flash designs of Star Wars symbols available at the show, however we do still recommend that you have a print out of the design idea you want if you’re planning a walk-up tattoo.
- There is no fixed rate for the price of tattoos at Celebration and pricing is at each artist’s discretion. To avoid any surprises, it’s best to work out the approximate cost with the artist BEFORE you get your tattoo. And remember, it’s always good form to tip your artist afterwards as well!
- You must be 18 years or older to be tattooed at this event and ID is required for all tattoos.
- A tattooer’s canvas is rarely ever just the skin. Most tattoo artists are accomplished in many forms of art and we’re pleased to showcase a wide-variety of original art from our guest tattoo artists throughout the weekend. In addition, many of these original works may be for sale from several of the artists.
- Many of our artists will be participating in several collaborative live-painting and art-fusion events happening over the course of the weekend. Be sure to stop by and check it out!
- A Star Wars Celebration wouldn’t be complete without our now-legendary Star Wars tattoo competition! Taking place on Sunday, August 26th at 11:30am on the Celebration Digital Stage (Valencia Hall A), the competition is open to any contestants over the age of 18 who have a Star Wars tattoo. Contestants will enter their tattoos in one of five categories and show their tattoos to our audience and panel of special guest judges.
- Pre-registration is a must and registration cut off occurs at the end of the show day on Saturday, August 25th.
- You can only register at the Star Wars Tattoo Pavilion Store during show hours and until Saturday at the close of the show.
- Pre-registered contestants must be outside of the Digital Theatre no later than 11:15am the morning of the competition.
- Categories are as follows:Small/Medium Black & Grey
Large Black & Grey
Tattoo of the Weekend
- The competition is a must-see Celebration event so make sure to arrive to the Digital Theatre early to secure seating. Don’t miss it!
Star Wars Tattoo Panel!
- No Celebration attendee would argue that Star Wars collecting is an addictive pastime! Well, so too is Star Wars tattoo collecting! Join “The Force in the Flesh” author Shane Turgeon in the Star Wars Collector Social Area on Saturday, August 25th for an animated discussion on the Wherefores, Whithertos and Do’s and Don’ts of getting a Star Wars tattoo!
Store and Exclusives!
- Be sure to stop by the Star Wars Tattoo Pavilion Store and pick up your exclusive Star Wars Celebration VI/Ink Fusion T-shirt designed by Scott Blair! This shirt is strictly limited to only 144 pieces and won’t last long!
- Shane Turgeon, author of “The Force in the Flesh” will have a limited quantity of books for sale at the Tattoo Pavilion Store and will be available to sign purchased copies at the following times:Thursday: 10am-11am
Thursday: 11am-noon (Collector Social Area)
- The Pavilion Store will also have free, rub-on Star Wars tattoos for kids and adults alike who just might not be ready for a real Star Wars tattoo of their own!
- Katie Mayhew, daughter of Peter Mayhew, known better to Star Wars fans as the incomparable Chewbacca, will be face painting in the Tattoo Pavilion all weekend long!
Who are we?
Marc Draven is a tattoo artist who owns two studios in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. He began teaching himself the art of tattooing in 1992 while attending college for business and graphic design. Today he is an award-winning artist and has had his work featured by numerous media outlets. In addition to tattooing, Marc is also a media-booking agent covering tattoo, comic, movie, arts, and other entertainment conventions. For the past several years, Marc has been hosting his “Ink Fusion” tattoo events at entertainment conventions across the country. “Ink Fusion” shows the world that tattoos, movies, television, comics, and artists of all backgrounds share a common thread of self-expression – it’s the perfect result of when the worlds of tattooing and pop culture collide. Marc continues to work with some of the best pin-up, tattoo, and fantasy artists in the world and has recently been working with the legendary Stan Lee. His current tattoo focus lies in custom work, portraits, cover-ups, movie-related photo-realism, and pin-ups. He recently authored and published his first book entitled “RAGE”, a short story about when innocence is cut short. Marc had many of his participating “Ink Fusion” artists illustrate the book for him. He will be touring the country in promotion of “RAGE” throughout most of 2012.
Shane Turgeon is the author of “The Force in the Flesh: Star Wars Inspired Body Art” and the creator of www.tattoosandtoys.com, the first website dedicated to showcasing Star Wars and other geeky tattoos. He also co-authored “The Official Price Guide to Star Wars Memorabilia” with Jeremy Beckett and is a staff member and features writer for www.rebelscum.com. After getting his first Star Wars tattoo, Shane realized there was a huge crossover between the worlds of tattoo and geek culture and over the years has endeavoured to bring geeky tattoos to the forefront of popular culture. In 2005, he brought tattoo related programming to Celebration III and has helped increase the tattoo presence at every Celebration since. He currently owns Shades of Grey, a tattoo, toy, and comic shop, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and is also the founder and organizer of the Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show which he has been running annually for over a decade.