Star Wars is full of people trying their best to do their job and overcome obstacles, just like many of us. Work can, at times, be frustrating, stressful, agitating, worrying, exciting, or just boring. An easy way to add extra bits of fun to the general 9 to 5 is by throwing in some great quotes from our favorite characters in a galaxy far, far away. You can also think about it this way — would you rather be sitting in a cubicle filing TPS reports, or be dropped into a rancor pit with no weapon…? I thought so! Here are some of our favorite quotes from the Star Wars galaxy to use in the workplace.
2. “It’s not my fault.” — Han Solo
Use whenever you are accused of screwing something up and don’t quite feel like taking responsibility.
3. “Same thing I always do: talk my way out of it.” — Han Solo
The perfect thing to say when the boss is walking towards you after you may or may not have shown up to work late.
4. “You will know when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.” — Yoda
Use to calm down your friend when they come to you, asking for advice after something goes wrong.
5. “I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can.” — Moff Jerjerrod
Use when you’re explaining to the big boss why your department hasn’t completed their assignment. Make sure to be careful before referring to your boss as, “Lord Vader.” Some people might take that the wrong way.
6. “We shall double our efforts!” — Moff Jerjerrod
Another one from ol’ Jerjerrod because it’s just too perfect. Use when the boss is getting on your case for not being ready — and tells you the BIGGER boss is on his way.
7. “Never tell me the odds.” — Han Solo
Use when you’re being told that, “It’s too late! There definitely won’t be any bagels left in the break room.”
8. “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent, now get out of here.” — Qui-Gon Jinn
Intern getting too big for their britches? Take a line from Master Qui-Gon’s book and nip that insubordination in the bud.
9. “I find your lack of faith disturbing” — Darth Vader
Use whenever a co-worker doubts your ability to come up with an all-star presentation within a short time frame.
10. “I wouldn’t be nice to you. It doesn’t pay much.” — Han Solo
Perfect line to wrap-up a job interview with a prospective employee.
11. “We seem to be made to suffer. It’s our lot in life.” — C-3PO
Use when you are told that you’ll need to come in and work during the weekend.
12. “Tell that to Kanjiklub.” — Bala-Tik
Co-worker telling you that a task can’t be done? Well, we all know what to say to that.
13. “You do have your moments. Not many, but you have them.” — Princess Leia
Use when playfully jabbing someone at your job after they do something awesome!
14. “Look how old you’ve become.” — Kylo Ren
Use at a co-worker’s birthday celebration. Or if you’re feeling bold, say it to the boss as a joke, but make sure you have a back-up job just in case.
15. “So who talks first? You talk first?” — Poe Dameron
Is there an awkward silence at the water cooler? Break the ice by quoting everyone’s favorite Resistance pilot.
What Star Wars quotes have you used at work? Let us know in the comments below!
Tyler Westhause is the social media manager for Rebel Force Radio, a popular podcast that covers the latest and greatest in Star Wars news. He became engrossed with Star Wars at the age of three, when he went to see The Phantom Menace in theaters. Tyler is also always happy to run your ear off about why Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the greatest video game of all time. Follow him on Twitter @twesthause.