May the 4th is approaching faster than an Ewok on a runaway speeder bike — are you ready? Just in case you’re in need of some inspiration, StarWars.com has compiled a list of 10 fun ways you can celebrate your love of a galaxy far, far away.
- Have a Star Wars movie marathon with friends and family! But do you start with the prequels or the original trilogy? Do you mix in some episodes of The Clone Wars? Better decide before your guests arrive, or you may spend the day in a heated debate.
- Dressing up for special occasions is important, and May the 4th is no different. Wearing anything from your favorite Star Wars shirt to full-on Stormtrooper gear is completely acceptable. (It’s okay to dress up your pet, too. Bounty hunter bulldogs are especially encouraged.)
- Food is an essential part of any holiday. Death Star Popcorn Balls or Wookiee Cookies, anyone? Find a variety of recipes on StarWars.com!
- Toast the saga with the ultimate Star Wars-themed beverage: blue milk, just like Aunt Beru used to make! (Fortunately, unlike Aunt Beru, you don’t own the droids the Empire is looking for.)
- Feel the Force with Star Wars crafts: turn old socks and rocks into awesome Star Wars keepsakes! Learn how to make a Chewbacca Sock Puppet, Star Wars Snow Globe, and more at StarWars.com!
- Have you Vadered anyone yet? Now’s the time to give it a try…and be sure to tweet your photo to @starwars using the hashtag #Vadering!
- You know that Rebel Alliance symbol tattoo you’ve been thinking about getting? Today’s the day.
- Sometimes people use holidays to travel to new places. Why not go to Disneyland or Disney World and ride Star Tours? There are over 50 mission possibilities…so don’t plan on eating lunch beforehand.
- As Yoda said, “Pass on what you have learned.” Introduce a younger sibling, family member, or friend to Star Wars!
- Do you have any Star Wars toys that you don’t need any more? Donate them and make May the 4th really memorable for children in need.
Will you be getting a tattoo? Getting married? Donating toys? Or is there another way you’ll be celebrating? Let us know in the comments section below!