What could be as powerful as the Force? The power of reading, of course. And the two will come together this October.
Star Wars Reads, a celebration of Star Wars and reading, is set to return for its fifth year with a month-long campaign throughout October. Storytelling events and activities, including author signings, readings, and games are planned for bookstores, libraries, and schools across the globe. Top publishers participating in this year’s events include Disney Publishing Worldwide, DK Books, Scholastic, Abrams, Del Rey, Egmont, and many more.
“Over the past five years, the Star Wars Reads campaign has organically grown into an annual event that celebrates reading through the new and familiar stories for families and fans of all ages,” said Jeanne Mosure, senior vice president and group publisher, Disney Publishing Worldwide. “We’re thrilled to continue the momentum in 2016 and invite parents to encourage reading while introducing kids to Star Wars through printed books, graphic novels, and digital stories.”
Visit the Star Wars Reads website and Star Wars Reads community Facebook page for more information on events in your area. If you’re organizing a Star Wars Reads event, check out the links below for a printable activity kit and more.
Star Wars books, comics, and more are calling to you. Let them in this October!
- Saturday, October 1 – Escape From Jakku Story Times at The Disney Store (check to see if your local store is participating!)
- Sunday, October 2 – Escape From Jakku Story Times at The Disney Store (check to see if your local store is participating!)
- Additional Star Wars readings at The Disney Store throughout the month of October
- Saturday, October 15 – Appearance by Pablo Hidalgo, author of Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary at the Southeast Regional Library in Gilbert, AZ
- Saturday, October 15th at 11:00 AM – Visit any Pottery Barn Kids in the US or Canada to enjoy a special edition of story time featuring Star Wars books, activities, and more! Kids are invited to come dressed as their favorite character. Refreshments will also be provided.
Star Wars Reads 2016 Printable Activity Kit: Engage kids at your event with this fun and interactive activity kit.
Star Wars Reads 2016 Printable Posters: Email or print these eye-catching posters when advertising your event.
Visit The Disney Store to find your favorite Star Wars books to read this October!