The Star Wars series, now streaming on Disney+, wins for Outstanding Special Visual Effects and more!
StarWars.com is thrilled to report that The Mandalorian, the live-action Star Wars series chronicling a lone gunfighter’s struggle to protect a young alien being known only as the Child, has been honored with seven Emmy Awards.
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score) -- (Chapter 8: Redemption)
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Series Or Movie
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-camera Series (Half-hour) -- (Chapter 7: The Reckoning)
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-hour) -- ( Chapter 1: The Mandalorian)
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-hour) And Animation -- (Chapter 1: The Mandalorian)
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-hour) And Animation -- (Chapter 2: The Child)
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects -- (Chapter 2: The Child)
The Lucasfilm and Disney+ series, created by Jon Favreau and executive produced by Favreau and Dave Filoni, received a total of 15 nominations across 12 categories.
Star Wars Resistance, the Disney Channel series from Lucasfilm animation set in the time of the sequel trilogy, also received a nomination for Outstanding Children’s Program for the second year in a row.