Star Wars is overflowing with important themes and lessons we can translate and use in real life. Many of those big ideas are captured in a few lines of eminently quotable dialogue. Also, the saga has a lot of less serious one-liners that are just as memorable and applicable. I find myself working quotes from both sides of the coin into everyday conversations often, and I bet I’m not alone. It’s more fun if the person I’m talking to gets the reference, but recognition isn’t necessary. The worst I’ve received for using a Star Wars line is a weird look, and I don’t mind those. Here are a small selection of quotes from Star Wars that I’ve found are perfectly suited for use in this galaxy:
1. “It’s not my fault.” – Han Solo
Use when anything goes wrong, even if it is totally your fault.
2. “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
Use in pep talks to encourage positivity and to remind others to take control of their fate.
3. “Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
Use when someone needs a little tough love.
4. “Somebody has to save our skins.” – Leia Organa
Use when you jump in and solve a problem without breaking a sweat.
5. “In my experience there is no such thing as luck.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Use to remind others hard work pays off and sitting around waiting for chance does not.
6. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” – Darth Vader
Use anytime others doubt your plans.
7. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” – basically everyone
Use when walking into a situation that could end poorly, whether it’s a walk down a dark alley or a board meeting.
8. “It’s a trap!” – Admiral Ackbar
Use anytime you suspect something is too good to be true.
9. “So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.” – Padmé Amidala
Use sarcastically whenever anyone institutes a new policy that looks appealing on the surface but has negative repercussions.
10. “Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Use when a friend needs to be reminded to go with his or her gut feeling.
11. “Never tell me the odds.” – Han Solo
Use whenever you’re told a task can’t be done.
12. “Mind tricks don’t work on me.” – Watto
Use when someone tries to pull wool over your eyes.
13. “Great, kid. Don’t get cocky.” – Han Solo
Use to remind your employees not to be overconfident.
14. “Stay on target.” – Gold Five
Use to keep yourself or others focused.
15. “This is a new day, a new beginning.” – Ahsoka Tano
Use to cheer a pal up and remind him or her that every day brings new opportunities.
Do you find yourself using other Star Wars quotes on a regular basis? Share them in the comments!