A droid programmed to be a Jedi, a Wookiee wielding dual improvised clubs, and a masked bounty hunter. This looks like fun.
Lucasfilm Games and developer Zynga dropped the gameplay trailer for Star Wars: Hunters today, offering the first substantial look at the upcoming multiplayer, arena-combat game. You can check it out below!
The trailer reveals several playable characters that make for a varied, gloriously zany roster, including:
- Imara Vex, a masked and mysterious bounty hunter seen unleashing a barrage of rockets
- Grozz, a ferocious Wookiee who can rip a boulder from the floor to wield at enemies
- J-3DI, a droid that thinks he’s a Jedi and employs a deadly lightsaber spin move
- Sentinel, a heavy Imperial gunner that calls in reinforcements
- Slingshot, a droideka and Ugnaught combo that makes good use of a shield
- Rieve, a lightsaber-wielding (and throwing) dark-side warrior
- Zaina, a rebel hero who cheers on her squad
- Utooni, a pair of Jawa brothers that stand on each other’s shoulders to wreak havoc, with the skill to quickly assemble a scrap cannon
In addition, the preview shows many of the battlefields in the game, all inspired by iconic Star Wars locales, including Hoth, Endor and more.
For more on Hunters, check out SWHunters.com and stay tuned to StarWars.com.
Star Wars: Hunters will be free to download for the Nintendo Switch, on the App Store, and on Google Play in 2022.
StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
Site tags: #StarWarsBlog, #ThisWeek