STAR WARS REBELS SEASON 2 FAN ART CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES ("Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Online, 1200 Grand Central Avenue, Glendale, California 91201, is solely responsible for all aspects of this skill-based contest ("Contest").
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, at the time of entering you must be: [a] thirteen (13) years of age or older as of date of entry; [b] a legal resident of, and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec) ("Territory"); [c] a registered member of Starwars.com (individually, a "Member"); [d] not an employee of the Sponsor, Lucasfilm Ltd., Administrator (as defined in section 17 below), its or their parent, divisions, affiliates, subsidiary company, or its or their advertising, promotion or fulfillment agencies involved in this Contest (collectively, "Entities"), nor a member of the household or immediate family of such employee; [e] not have any contractual relationships which could interfere with or prohibit you from entering and fully participating in the Contest (the Sponsor retains the right to determine in its sole discretion if an existing agreement represents a conflict), and [f] willing to have your Submission (as defined below in Section 3) published on www.starwars.com (“Website”) during and/or at the conclusion of the Contest or otherwise distributed, in connection with, or to promote, the Contest, and/or for any other commercial or other purpose as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, promoting Star Wars Rebels Season 2 and/or its premiere. If you are a minor ("Minor") as defined by your state or province of residence, please get your parent's or legal guardian's ("Parent") permission to enter.
Information on how to register and upload your Submission can be found below in Sections 4 and 6. Registering and uploading your Submission are both free of charge. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations.
For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Pacific Time (“PT”). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest; and the awarding of any prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth herein. The dates and times set forth below are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of any change, notice of the revised date or time may be posted on the Website.
3. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST:
This Contest is being conducted in two (2) phases as follows:
Phase 1/Entry/Submission Phase: During the period commencing at 12:00 AM (PT), July 1, 2015, and ending at 11:59 PM (PT) August 31, 2015 ("Entry Period"), a contestant ("Contestant") may enter the Contest by creating and submitting on the Website a user-generated digital piece of fan art (collectively, "Entry" or "Entry Material"). Entry must be inspired by characters, locations, themes and concepts from Star Wars Rebels Season 2, all pursuant to instructions (“Instructions”) posted on the Website, including completing an entry form that asks for an optional title of your Entry (Entry, completed entry form and optional title collectively referred to herein as a "Submission"). Find out more about Season 2 at http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels. Entries can be in the following suggested formats: 11x17 PDF, 300dpi or vector, TIFF or Flat PSD). Incomplete Submissions will be disqualified. See Section 12 C [ii] for more details on the use of Lucasfilm Intellectual Property (“Lucas IP”). Submissions must be appropriate for PG audiences as determined by Sponsor. Submissions may be created using pen, ink, paint or any other two dimensional materials, but you must submit using a digital format such as scan or photograph.
When creating your Submission, please adhere to the Do’s & Don’ts below and on the Website.
DO’s & DON'Ts
• Do get your Parent’s permission if you are a Minor. Each Contestant who is a Minor must get permission from a Parent, before creating the Submission and/or entering the Contest.
• Do be original. Feel free to put your own artistic inspiration on the Star Wars Rebels Season 2 franchise.
• Do protect your privacy. If you are including your name or likenesses in your Submission, only include your first name and/or likeness; don't include anyone else's full name, likeness or other personal information in your Submission without first obtaining their written permission.
• Have fun!
• Don't show any brands. Do not use any brands or characters other than Star Wars Rebels. That means no visible/recognizable representation of other brands, characters, parodies or mash-ups anywhere in your art piece.
• Don’t create a Submission that shows anything unsafe or isn’t PG.
• Don't send a Submission that is too big. 10MB is the maximum file size limit.
Submissions will not be returned.
Phase 2/ Winner Selection/Judging Phase: During the period commencing at 12:00 AM (PT), September 1, 2015, and ending at 11:59 PM (PT), September 23, 2015, Sponsor's appointed panel of judges (“Judges”) will score the eligible Submissions based on the following criteria ("Criteria") to choose one (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) and two (2) runner ups (“Runner Up Winner(s)”):
(1) Creativity and originality of theme (34%),
(2) Quality of artistic composition and design (33%), and
(3) Overall impression of the art (33%).
“Winner” shall mean and refer to the Grand Prize Winner and Runner Up Winners.
TIED ENTRIES: In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the Judges based on the first Criteria – creativity and originality of theme. The decision of the Judges shall be final and binding.
Please be sure to review these Rules and follow the Do’s and Don’ts (see above and on the Website) before you create your Submission. On or about September 24, 2015, the Judges will complete judging all eligible Submissions based on the Criteria.
5. HOW TO CREATE A CONTEST SUBMISSION: Sponsor will post Instructions on the Website for you to follow in the creation of your Submission. The specifications for the Submission should follow these Rules, including, but not limited to, a Submission must adhere to the specifications described in Section 3 and be digital in format. Please don’t try to upload a Submission that does not fit these specifications. Any Submission that fails to meet Sponsor's specifications may be disqualified. See Section 7 for further details on requirements. All Submissions must be received during the Entry Period. Any Submission received after the Entry Period will be disqualified. Proof of submitting a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt or entry into the Contest.
7. CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All Submissions must meet the following requirements and specifications to be eligible:
a. The Submission must be authorized. This means that you must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the Submission into the Contest. By submitting the Submission, you hereby represent that you have all rights necessary to distribute the Submission through the Website or any other website and to grant to Sponsor the rights set forth below.
b. The Submission must be your original work and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property right of any person or entity.
c. The Submission must meet all specifications set forth by Sponsor in these Rules and/or Instructions, including, without limitation, format and maximum size, and those specifications described in the Rules and/or Instructions.
d. The Submission must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain any inappropriate content including but not limited to, material which is (or promotes activities which are) abusive, harassing, threatening, an invasion of a right of privacy of another person, bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit, harmful or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity, profane, offensive or otherwise objectionable as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion; must not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) illegal or encourage or advocate illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them (including elements that are, or represent an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, underage drinking, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, computer hacking, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity) or otherwise unlawful.
e. The Submission must not violate these Rules or the TOU.
f. The Submission must not disparage the Entities.
g. You represent and warrant that: (i) you are the sole and exclusive creator and owner of the Submission, and all rights thereto; (ii) you have the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the Submission to Sponsor upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; (iii) the Submission has not been previously published nor has it received any previous awards and/or prizes; (iv) no rights in the Submission have previously been granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or otherwise exercised or exploited; (v) neither you nor any individual depicted in your Submission is subject to any type of production agreement, union or guild agreement, or any similar agreement which would interfere with your ability to enter into this Contest or grant all of the rights to be granted hereunder, and (vi) the full use of the Submission or any part thereof will not in any way violate or infringe upon any copyright (statutory or otherwise), constitute a libel or defamation of or an invasion of the rights of privacy or publicity of, or otherwise violate or infringe upon any other personal, property or other rights of any person, firm, corporation or other entity or subject Sponsor to any costs or liability of any kind or nature whatsoever.
h. Limit one (1) Submission per Member per day. However, each Submission must be unique, and you cannot submit the same Submission more than once. If you attempt or are suspected of attempting (in the sole discretion of Sponsor or Administrator) to circumvent this limitation by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple Member accounts, you may be disqualified from the Contest. Any duplicate or materially similar Submissions will be disqualified. In the event that the same Submission is received from more than one (1) Member, the Submission will be deemed to be submitted by the first Member who the Submission was received from. In the event that more than one (1) Submission is received from a Member within the same day, only the first Submission received will be accepted.
i. You are responsible for, and must have obtained, prior, written approval from any identifiable person (or such person’s Parent if such person is a Minor) that appears in, is mentioned in, or otherwise contributed to the Submission (each a “Third-Party Participant”) for you to include such person in the Submission. By entering, you represent and warrant that you have obtained such permission and all other necessary authorizations from any Third-Party Participant (or such Third-Party Participant’s Parent if Third-Party Participant is a Minor) allowing use of such person’s name, likeness or contribution in the Submission, and you and each Third-Party Participant (or such Third-Party Participant’s Parent if Third-Party Participant is a Minor) agree to and do hereby assign all rights for usage to Sponsor. You may be required, at any time, to provide Sponsor with evidence of all such written permission(s) and authorizations immediately upon request, or you may be disqualified and rendered ineligible to receive a prize in this Contest.
8. SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: If the Sponsor believes that the Submission does not comply with the TOU, these Rules or that the Submission potentially or actually infringes upon the copyright, or other rights of any third party, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission at any time. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and may or may not, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate Winner selected from among the remaining eligible Submissions.
9. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: All prize values are in US Dollars. Lucasfilm Ltd. will announce all Winners on the Website on or about October 9, 2015. Prizes are:
One (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize Winner will receive a Star Wars prize pack. Exact contents of Star Wars prize pack will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize ARV: US$200.
Two (2) Runner Up Prizes: Each Runner Up Winner will receive a Star Wars prize pack. Exact contents of Star Wars prize pack will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV of each Runner Up Prize: US$100.
“Grand Prize” and “Runner Up Prize” collectively referred to as “prize(s)” herein.
Total ARV of all Prizes: US$400. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prize elements. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. In the event that a prize component is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Prize elements may not be separated. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All prizes will be awarded provided they are validly claimed by October 31, 2015, after which no alternate Winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded. All federal, provincial, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. All prizes are subject to verification of eligibility/timely receipt of Affidavits (defined below) and compliance with these Rules and the TOU. If a Winner is a Minor, the prize will be awarded for the benefit of the Minor to his/her Parent, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the Minor for all applicable documentation and taxes. If a Winner’s Submission was submitted at a low resolution, Sponsor reserves the right to ask Winner to submit (only if available and without any other modifications) a higher resolution version of the art for use in any media or on any platform selected by Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per person.
10. WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: The potential Winners will be notified by email to his/her Address on or about September 25, 2015. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following, without limitation: [a] a potential Winner's failure to respond to notification within forty-eight (48) hours after its transmission; [b] the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; [c] the return of any prize elements as undeliverable; [d] a potential Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency and clearances; [e] a potential Winner's failure to execute and return by overnight delivery service (at Administrator’s expense) all Sponsor-requested documents including without limitation: (i) for a potential U.S. Winner an affidavit/grant of rights/release of liability/publicity release within five (5) calendar days, and (ii) for a potential Canadian Winner a declaration of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release (collectively, "Affidavits") within ten (10) calendar days after transmission; or [f] any other non-compliance with these Rules or TOU. Sponsor may require signed Affidavits to be notarized at its sole discretion. In the event of a disqualification or prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select or not select an alternate Winner and award or not award the forfeited prize.
12. GENERAL RULES:
a. Disputes Over Winner's Identity: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on the Address and/or Member account, the winning Submission will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the Address associate with the Member account. For purposes of these Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Addresses for the domain associated with the submitted Address.
b. Site Marks: By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that the Website contains proprietary information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by Sponsor in writing, you agree not to use, reproduce, exploit, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works from content on the Website, including its interface, in whole or in part, or any other logos and product and service names that are trademarks of the respective owners (the "Website Marks"). Unless you have written permission, you hereby agree not to display or use in any manner the Website Marks.
[i] Name and Likeness Rights: By participating in the Contest and accepting any award or prize, you grant to Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide right to use the names, likenesses, voices and biographical information, of any person appearing in the Submissions and any other material submitted in connection with the Contest. All rights granted to Sponsor in this paragraph shall be in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including, but not limited to, on the Website, on third party websites, on Sponsor's broadcast and cable networks and stations, on Sponsor's broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release) for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity.
[ii] Submission/Entry Rights: By participating in the Contest and accepting any award or prize, you agree and represent that you grant to Sponsor:  a non-exclusive, sublicensable, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights to use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, publicly display, exhibit, distribute, redistribute, copy, index, comment on, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon, publicly perform, make available and otherwise exploit your Submission, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on third-party sites and platforms such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter), in any number of copies and without limit as to time, manner and frequency of use, without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or any other person or entity;  if your Submission includes, uses and/or features Lucas IP, Sponsor grants you a non-exclusive license to create the Submission using Lucas IP for the purposes of creating a Submission for this Contest only, provided that such license shall be conditioned upon your assignment to us of all rights into the Submission (if such rights are not assigned to Sponsor, your license to create the Submission using Lucas IP shall be null and void) and;  not withstanding any other provisions in these Rules you agree that if your Submission is a prize winning Submission, you agree to sign an Affidavit(s) assigning all rights in and to your Submission to Sponsor.
d. Not Responsible for Errors or Submissions Not Received: Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the Rules, marketing materials and/or the Website, administration of the Contest or the announcement or distribution of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal Submissions.
e. No Confidential or Fiduciary Relationship: You understand and agree that creative ideas, suggestions or other materials you submit are not made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is established by your submitting the Submission hereunder, that you have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type and nothing in these Rules or as a result of your submitting the Submission shall be deemed to place Sponsor in any different position from anyone else to whom you have not submitted the Submission.
f. Comments: You agree that Sponsor, its affiliates, and its and their third-party vendors engaged to implement this Contest, are authorized to display the Submissions and any public ratings, votes and comments for promotional or any other purpose.
13. RELEASE, WARRANTY, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION/CONDITIONS: You expressly understand and agree that: [a] you hereby release and hold harmless the Entities, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives and independent contractors (the "Released Parties") from any and all liability for claims, demands, losses and liabilities, including, without limitation, for death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Contest and/or the use or acceptance of any prize won; [b] YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS CONTEST IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; [c] you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities (including, but not limited to, attorneys' and experts' fees, costs and disbursements), demands and actions of every kind and nature, whether or not now known or suspected (collectively, "Claims"), arising out of or in connection with (i) your participation in the Contest; (ii) any Submission submitted by you (including, but not limited to, any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on the Submission of such material); (iii) any posting by you on Sponsor's Website; (iv) the use by Released Parties of any of the rights granted by you in connection with the Contest; and (v) any breach by you of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Rules or TOU or in any documentation submitted by you; [d] any and all Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; [e] all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys’ fees, and under no circumstances will any Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; [f] a Winner’s acceptance of any prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to Sponsor and assigns to photograph, film, or otherwise capture the fulfillment of the prize (“Fulfillment Filming”), and Sponsor shall have the unconditional right to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, stream, synchronize with visual material, modify, amend, create derivative works from, and otherwise use and permit others to use the Fulfillment Filming throughout the universe in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in all languages and in all versions, in perpetuity, without compensation, for any commercial or promotional or other purpose, except where prohibited by law; [g] Sponsor’s use of the Fulfillment Filming as described herein will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy, defamation or claims for performance or payment of any kind, including but not limited to payment of re-use fees, residuals or license fees, and [h] Sponsor shall have the right to make such changes to the Fulfillment Filming and make such uses thereof as it deems necessary or desirable, including but not limited to the right to use, edit, and reproduce and/or alter said Fulfillment Filming in perpetuity, in its entirety or in part, for any commercial or promotional purposes worldwide without any consultation or additional permission, or compensation, credit or attribution.
a. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of any Entry Materials submitted, or for any technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunction or limitations of any kind, or any inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive Entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, an insufficient number of Submissions, or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend and/or suspend the Contest and/or to award any prizes based on alternate means including, without limitation, based on Submissions received prior to termination.
b. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY YOU IF YOU TAMPER OR ARE SUSPECTED OF TAMPERING WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OWNED OR OPERATED BY SPONSOR, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. IF SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION BELIEVES THAT ANY SUCH CONDUCT HAS OCCURRED, THEN SPONSOR MAY TAKE SUCH REMEDIAL MEASURES AS SPONSOR DEEMS APPROPRIATE IN KEEPING WITH THE FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY OF THE CONTEST.
15. GOVERNING LAW: Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to these Rules or this Contest, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the terms set forth in the TOU. All issues and questions of your rights and obligations in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the borough of Manhattan..
16. WINNERS' LIST AND/OR RULES: For a copy of the Rules and/or a Winners' list, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Fan Art Contest Winners’ List/Rules Requests, c/o Ventura Associates, Dept. BW, 60 East 42nd Street, Suite 650, NYC, NY 10165, designating either Winner’s list or Rules. Requests for Rules must be received no later than August 31, 2015, and requests for Winners’ List must be received no later than October 31, 2015.
17. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR (“Administrator”): Ventura Associates International LLC, 60 East 42nd Street, Suite 650, New York, NY 10165, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the Contest.
© Lucasfilm Ltd.
All trademarks are the property of the trademark owner.