Wondering what’s been happening at StarWars.com? Here’s a quick roundup of what you might have missed this week (and some of last week, too)!
THE CLONE WARS SEASON FIVE, EPISODE TEN PREVIEW
The Clone Wars Season Five continues tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. on Cartoon Network with “Secret Weapons,” in which Mace Windu assembles a team of droids for a vital mission. Check out StarWars.com’s preview of “Secret Weapons.”
In case you missed it, be sure to check out last week’s episode of The Clone Wars, “A Necessary Bond,” streaming for free on StarWars.com, as well the accompanying exclusive featurette, “From McQuarrie to Tennant: Creating Huyang.”
ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS
STAR WARS 3D
The 3D conversion of the Star Wars prequels continues! Lucasfilm has confirmed new U.S. theatrical release dates for the upcoming 3D versions of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
THE BEST OF THE BLOG
– Star Wars: Smuggler’s Gambit, a brand new story told in the style of classic Star Wars NPR radio dramas, was recorded live at Celebration VI in Orlando, Florida, based on an original script by Kyle Newman and F.J. DeSanto. It features David Collins as Han Solo, along with Star Wars: The Clone Wars luminaries such as Sam Witwer, Tom Kane, Ashley Eckstein, and many more. The audio is now available in its entirety, for free, on the Official Star Wars Blog.
– In a special guest post, Howard Roffman talks at length about his time at Lucasfilm and his recent return.
– For Thanksgiving, the great Katie Cook created a new cartoon that offers some advice for those hosting a Jedi, and shows why Wookiees don’t like fall. Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano on The Clone Wars, also added a great post on what she’s most thankful for this year.
IN THE STAR WARS GALAXY…
– Rick McCallum, one of the key talents responsible for the past 20 years of Lucasfilm productions — from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles to Episode III — is heading towards a future filled with exciting, personal film projects. In a special StarWars.com feature, McCallum reflects on his time with Lucasfilm and gives his thoughts on the future of Star Wars.
– Marc Ecko Cut & Sew has launched limited edition Star Wars-themed hoodie and jacket collections.
– In recognition of their huge impact and enduring popularity, Hasbro’s Star Wars toys have been inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame at The Strong.