While a galaxy far, far away might not be home to the Easter Bunny, it is home for the Star Wars smuggler Jaxxon, who just so happens to be a Lepi — a green rabbit species hailing from Coachelle Prime. Pay tribute to this beloved Expanded Universe character with this easy-to-make Easter craft.
What You Need:
- green, red and small brown pom-poms
- Colored pipe cleaners
- Colored ribbon
- Green, pink, red, white and yellow felt
- Small googly eyes
- Thin cardboard
- Large plastic Easter egg
- Feather gift wrap decoration (optional)
1. Glue the red and green two pom-poms together. If you don’t have green and red, you can color white pom-poms using markers. Add white and yellow felt details to the red pom-pom for Jaxxon’s outfit. Make white felt feet for his boots and glue to pom-pom so he stands upright. Set aside.
2. Make felt mouth, ears and teeth. Glue to the green pom-pom, which will be Jaxxon’s head.
3. Decorate the outside and inside of the plastic Easter egg with colored ribbon and glitter. Cut thin strips of green felt to make grass. Place other embellishments inside the egg like a feather gift wrap decoration. Glue Jaxxon inside of the egg. Let dry.
4. Make an egg stand by cutting a strip of cardboard and gluing the ends together for a loop. Decorate the stand with ribbon, pipe cleaners and glitter. Glue egg onto the stand.